Five members of a family in Imo State have reportedly died after eating a meal of Jollof rice prepared by the woman of the house.
Five members of a family in Imo State have reportedly died of food poisoning after having a meal of Jollof rice, Vanguard reports.
It was gathered that family comprising of Vitalis Nwosu, his wife, Obianuju, and their three children, Chinonso, Chinasa and Odimnobi, who hailed from Umuokpara Umanu, Obollo community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the state, had eaten the meal served for dinner by the wife.
Soon after eating, they started complaining of stomach pain and began stooling and vomiting. The children were said to be the first ones to begin to experience the symptoms and while being rushed to a hospital, they all gave up the ghost.
The parents were also rushed to the same hospital but died as well while being treated.
A resident of the village who confirmed the incident said:
“The children were the initial complainants and their parents quickly moved them to a nearby private hospital. Every effort made to save them failed as they died one after the other.
Soon after the children died, the parents came down with the same symptoms and were taken to the same hospital where they died. Their remains have been deposited at Adam Mortuary, Ugiri.
However, two other members of the family who ate the Jollof rice have survived."
Reacting to the incident, the first son of the deceased, Chukwuemeka, said he was not at home when the incident occurred, adding that he suspects foul play in the deaths of his parents and siblings.
He alleged that his parents and siblings must have been poisoned by a relation over a protracted family matter and urged the security agencies to thoroughly investigate the incident.
from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/2tEWOAh