The soldiers descended on the deceased and beat him to a pulp after which he was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
News reports have revealed that a father whose name is yet to be ascertained, reportedly killed his only son for proposing to an older woman.
Punch reports that the father contracted men believed to be soldiers to kill his son identified simply as Chibuzor.
ALSO READ: Father beats son to death in Ogun
An eyewitness reportedly revealed to Punch correspondents in Awka, the Anambra State capital where the shocking act took place, that the men in the Nigerian Army uniform beat their victim to a coma.
Chibuzor, who it was gathered, had been the only son of his father, however, died at a nearby hospital where he was rushed to.
According to the reports, trouble began when the deceased brought his fiancee home to meet his father.
Pleading anonymity, a source revealed that Chibuzor had an altercation with his father after the introduction.
The source said,”The father had rejected the choice of the woman Chibuzor brought home, saying the lady was older than his son.
“Chibuzor who had had a failed marriage that produced a child decided to remarry after separating from the first wife,
“He was disappointed when the father refused to give his approval to the marriage.
“When the rift between the deceased and his father escalated, the father invited some soldiers; this annoyed his son, Chibuzor, who as a result poured hot water on his father.”
Punch reports that the soldiers descended on the deceased and beat him to a pulp after which he was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
The sad incident which occurred on Saturday, September 2, in Umuayom village Awka, reportedly triggered a protest by the youths in the community.
According to the reports, the protesters made bonfires, blocking major roads in the area while demanding justice over the death of their kinsman.
ALSO READ: Man beats 7-yr-old son to death for stealing
The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Nkeiru Nwode, while confirming the incident on Monday, September 4, said the command was investigating the matter.
She added that the fiancee has been placed in protective custody while the investigation was ongoing.
The PPRO assured that nobody would be allowed to take the laws into his hands while stressing that those found culpable in the matter would be prosecuted accordingly, irrespective of their position in the society or in the eyes of the law.
from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/2wDYedI