Murder Is The Case: 'We warned our brother to leave his violent wife' - Friend of man stabbed to death by wife

No Comments
The late Bilyaminu Bello and his wife Maryam when the going was good

Friends and family members of a young man stabbed to death in Abuja by his wife said they had warned him to leave her in the past.

Family members and friends of Bilyaminu Muhhamed Bello who was allegedly stabbed to death by his wife, Maryam Sanda, on Sunday, November 19, 2017, have come out with more damning evidence on how they had begged him to leave her due to her violent nature.

Recall that the young man who was the son of a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Haliru Bello, was stabbed several times to death by his wife after she reportedly found a text message on his phone purportedly sent to him by another woman.

According to Habib Gaiam, a childhood friend of the late Bello, the deceased he had often complained of his wife's hot temper and violence any time they had an issue that could be settled like a family.

Gaiam added that Bello told him before that his wife had once stabbed him as well as bit off part of his ear during a fight.

ALSO READ: "Wasted Life: Pastor stabs wife to death over infidelity allegation"

Gaiam said he and other family members had told Bello, to leave the house for Maryam as she was not ready to change after several interventions but that he did not take their advice, not knowing that he would be killed by the woman he loved and had even divorced his first wife to marry her when she refused to have another woman share him.


Gaiam who made the revelation on his Twitter handle disclosed that he had personally intervened four times to stop Maryam from stabbing her husband during the fatal fight.

Read what he wrote:

"Today, I witnessed the most wicked and shameful display of arrogance in Bilyaminu’s death case. At about 9 to 10 pm last night [Sunday], tension started to build between Bilyaminu and his wife, Maryam, at his residence.

Maryam demanded a divorce with the threat of cutting off his manhood. Ibrahim Aliero, Bilyaminu’s friend [in whose instance the drama started] intervened four times to stop Maryam from stabbing her husband.

Ibrahim called Auta [Maryam’s uncle] and Abba [Bilyaminu’s cousin] who had left the house moments before the drama started, to come and intervene.

After a short calm, Maryam broke a bottle of groundnut and attempted to stab Bilyaminu again, but this time, he held both her hands and struggled to take the bottle from her, injuring himself in the process.

Unrelenting and wild, she bit his finger. Uncle Auta had arrived by this time to calm the situation. They both committed to Uncle Auta to let go of the grievances, at least for the night.

After the situation had become calm, Bilyaminu and his friend went to the pharmacy to get his hand treated from the bite he sustained from Maryam.

They later went to the ATM and made a withdrawal to pay up the balance of a spare part for Maryam’s crashed car. By 11 pm, Bilyaminu and Ibrahim had gone back to a calm home.

Abba, Bilyaminu’s cousin, joined them in the living room. They stayed until almost midnight and decided to call it a night.


When Bilyaminu was seeing them off, he told Ibrahim: 'I don’t want to go back until she’s asleep.' They called it a day and Abba and Ibrahim left.

At around 2 pm Sunday afternoon, family members were summoned to Maitama Hospital, where Bilyaminu was laying in a pool of his blood with multiple stabs on his chest, shoulder, a deep cut on his inner thigh, and many bite wounds on his stomach.

Maryam had confessed to stabbing him to the hospital authorities. Maitama Police Station was the next point of call. At Maitama Station where Maryam was asked to write her statement, the story changed.

She claimed they got involved in a fight and Bilyaminu sustained injuries from a broken Shisha pot; that she never stabbed or hit him.

She was later taken to the FCT Command in Garki II for further investigation. The Police Commissioner instructed that the crime scene should be visited.

To the amazement of Abba and Ibrahim who were key witnesses in the investigation, the bloodstains had been mopped up, the murder weapon disappeared, but the flower vases and Shisha pot were broken to corroborate Maryam’s earlier statement at the station.


ALSO READ: "Living With The Enemy: 'I had sex with my husband before killing him' - Osun housewife"

In the midst of this tragedy and confusion, Maryam had the audacity and courage to change her story. More disgusting is her lack of remorse and respect for the victim’s family.

Someone who divorced his first wife to be with you doesn’t deserve this. #JusticeForBilyaminu shall be served by the Almighty Allah on the day of resurrection.

May Allah grant Bilyaminu Jannah and bless the life of his 8 months old daughter Sa’adatu.

from - Gist

What do you think? Leave Your Comments Here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow by Email

back to top