These are top quotes of 2017 made by politicians, leaders, entertainers and comedians.
A lot of things were said in 2017, and some stood out more than others.
In all of the noise on media and social media, some people did make statements that stuck out and were very pronounced. You could call them the sound bites of 2017, words on marble that summarize the year.
Below is a list of the top 10 best quotes of 2017
1) "Nigeria's unity is settled and not negotiable" - President Buhari
Buhari's comeback speech was tough on secessionist elements in the country. Like a rapper preparing for beef, he took shots at Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB. The President followed up with this quote by using the army to shut down the movement.
2) "Following the three months period of disuse, rodents have caused a lot of damage to the furniture and the air conditioning units" - Shehu Garba
Politics in Nigeria can be comedy sometimes and this quote takes the prize. After the President returned to the country after over 100 days of being away, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Shehu Garba said that president couldn't work in his office because it had been overtaken by rodents and rats.
3) "There is a budget for the Hospital and if you go there now, you will see a number of constructions going on but they don’t have a single syringe there" - 1st Lady, Aisha Buhari
The first lady continued her fine form of bashing her husband's administration by taking shots at the state hospital for being under-equipped to deal with minor health issues.
4) "So much money grew feet and ran away faster than Usain Bolt ever could" - Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the leader of the political party APC is surely no fan of the past government. During a governmental function, Jagaban dropped a hot metaphor to describe the alleged level of corruption in Goodluck Jonathan's administration.
5. "Peter shame on you. You are a shameful” - Paul Okoye
The rivalry between the two brothers can be summarized with that fateful video. And the greatest quote from that video was Paul's sentence which we believe was caused by high emotions.
6. “Someone would make money and you say you want to investigate the source of his wealth. When he was poor, did you investigate the source of his poverty?” - Senator Dino Melaye
What can we say, it's Dino Melaye. He is a handful and a walking bag of shocking moments and quotes.
7. “Argentina is one of the highly ranked Football Associations in Nigeria” - Solomon Dalung
The state minister is a gift that keeps on giving. He had a relatively quiet year until he had to make a comment after the Nigeria - Argentina friendly. Sometimes silence is the best answer.
8. "If a man finds himself in a situation, sleeping with a woman for thirty minutes, then he is done and dusted and you move on with life. That ceases to exist the second it ended. You only just broke your marital vows. That's not cheating” - I.K Ogbonna
Cheating of course made a lot of noise on social media in 2017. While almost everyone spoke out against it, actor IK Ogbonna more or less endorsed with a shocking quote.
9. "Man's not hot" - Michael Dapaah
Michael Dapaah was the viral star of 2017. His alter ego MC Shaq dropped a freestyle that had the whole world reciting. And the most quotable line from the epic freestyle was the puzzling "man's not hot."
10. "Nobody wins when the family feuds" - JAY-Z
While JAY-Z's mature album '4:44' has a lot of gems, this quote is a top pick. Not only does it address black unity but also stresses the fact that a family should stick together. JAY-Z was referring to his recent marriage troubles which set the world on fire.
from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/2knIDcC